Gena Showalter's Official Site

A meeting place for those who would like to discuss The Darkest Seduction.  If you post any kind of spoiler, please please please first post an alert to give people a chance to skip what you've said if that's what they'd prefer.   

Views: 5692

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was thinking that, but wasn't 100% sure.....  I think the rest of the Lords would've killed him if he was paired with Viola!

VALERIE VALICENTO said:

Viola was the one she had in mind for Paris.

I just finished reading Darkest Seduction and was really surprised by the ending.  Like many I was not expecting Cronus to die so early.  I'm glad that Paris is with Sienna.  Very curious to know what is going to happen to the fortress in Budapest and why they all had to move.  What will Hades want as payback from Sienna, I wonder.  Does anyone know when the next book will be out (I hope soon) and who is in it?  Love your stories, Gena, keep them coming. 

the next book will be Kane's and it will be out next year.

Valerie Florez said:

I just finished reading Darkest Seduction and was really surprised by the ending.  Like many I was not expecting Cronus to die so early.  I'm glad that Paris is with Sienna.  Very curious to know what is going to happen to the fortress in Budapest and why they all had to move.  What will Hades want as payback from Sienna, I wonder.  Does anyone know when the next book will be out (I hope soon) and who is in it?  Love your stories, Gena, keep them coming. 

Yeah the Cronus thing was a HUGE shock!!!  And what about Torin with the All-Key?!?!?!?!  

If memory serves, when they big battle scene was underway, Paris was wondering to himself what damage this battle was doing to the Earth, ie: Earthquakes, Tsunami's etc.  So I'm thinking maybe something like that has effected the Fortress.  And I mean hey, at least where they are now, William's Dad can protect them from the nasties......  well, except himself that is.....

Can't wait for Kane's book!!!!

Valerie Florez said:

I have to be honest, Darkest Seduction wasn't one of my fave LOTU books. Maybe it's because I never cared about Paris, I don't know.

*** SPOILERS ***

Like I said, I never really cared about Paris. Unfortunately this book didn't make me like him more. There were even some scenes where I wanted to slap him. In the beginning he refused to help search for Kane which made me really mad. That he later told Sienna how awesome his friends are, that they would die for him... Made this even worse. He also was way too sappy for me.

I never liked Sienna and still don't. I don't see how Paris could be interested in her. I also think the SEX LORD deserves someone gorgeous, sensual and awesome. She's way to plain and boring. I also think in the end she was pretty arrogant.

Why they are in love I don't know. They meet, forgive everything (!!!) and that's it. But yeah, maybe that's because I just don't feel those two characters.

I also expected more from the Sex Lord in the... well, sex scenes. We were told he did scandalizing things but never saw them. Too bad!

Of course, I have to speak about my fave Lord Strider who still is only a shadow of his awesome, funny, naughty self we saw in the earlier books. Why should he care if Paris gets hard? Why does he have to apologize? Because Kaia the Annoying says so? I don't  think so! He was right!!! Sienna is/was an enemy! You don't forgive them only because one of them likes to fu** her!!! I felt so bad for him!

I also wonder why Sienna gets the benefit of the doubt but the others don't. She told Paris many Hunters are brainwashed and still he had no problem giving them to Hades. Btw, I really wonder who they take now since so many Hunters are dead.

I'm not sure how I feel about Viola. Kaia the Annoying already was a wannabe-Anya and failed. It seems to be the same with Viola. Sorry, but there can only be one awesome, funny woman in the house and that is Anya!!! Love her!!!!!!

I enjoyed Zacharel so much but it's kind of sad that he gets his book so soon and will get all emotional. I like him as the ice-cold angel!

The three new characters sound interesting, especially Cameron. I'm sure I'll enjoy his OCD behavior. Well, if we'll see him again.

It was good that Kaia the Annoying kept her mouth shut. Was defo a plus. Even though she doesn't exist in my LOTU world I hope she gets written out of the series as soon as possible.

I'm not a fan of William and Gilly as a possible future couple. He can be a father figure or a big brother but please no lover. He is thousands (?) of years old and she a child. Apart from that, he deserves a real woman.

I'm also not excited about reading more about Galen and Legion as 'lovers'. I don't want him redeemed and she was way more interesting in the beginning before her 'transformation'.

I'm sad that I didn't enjoy the book more. It's not the writing style or anything, that one was awesome. It's just that I never got into Paris and Sienna, hate Kaia the Annoying, miss the old Strider, don't care for babies and had some problems with the storyline. But it defo was better than Strider's story even if it doesn't get close to my faves like Lucien's or Reyes's books.

Best book ever. I loved it I read it twice so much to love about it I just can't name one thing. Again love it love it love it

*SPOILER*
Hi Gena, what kind of relationship is between Fox and Galen? Are Galen's feelings for legion similar as his feelings are for Fox?
*****Spoiler*****
The secret revealed was very shocking, but maybe that's part of the reason he was upset when his harpy slept with Paris.

VALERIE VALICENTO said:

SPOILER ******SPOILER*******

Strider appears briefly and shares a secret with Paris.  That secret actually surprised me.

There are a lot of spoiler alerts up there ^…… lol
who is the darkest seduction book about? I thought that I read it but now that I'm reading these comments I guess I didn't

nevermind  I didn't read one of the comments lol I know now and I did read it :) goofy me

I should see about this on the internet and library

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Note from Gena

If you enjoyed one of my books, I would be beyond grateful if you took a moment to post a review somewhere online to help other readers discover it.  The review can be as long or as short as you want.  

Thank you so much!

Gena 

© 2017   Created by Gena Showalter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service